Ten days of training. Most students will solo by the 4th day of training. Training days consist of ground handling (kiting), classroom work, paramotor simulator exercises, tandem flights, and solo flights.
- USPPA syllabus
- USPPA PPG1 rating and PPG1 test (not required but highly encouraged)
- USPPA PPG 2 and PPG 3 ratings (takes additional time and flights but does not incur an additional cost)
- Tandem flight to learn the basics before you fly alone.
- Powered Paragliding Bible by Jeff Goin (This book has everything you need to know about our sport)
- Ground school
- Access to the complete Bandarra Academy “Ground Handling Essentials” course. Start learning before you arrive at training!
- 10 days of training from sunrise to sunset (with lunch breaks).
- Training for as long as you need. If you need to attend multiple courses, you’re always welcome back.
- Lots of fun memories!
- Maximum weight of 250 lbs.
- You need to be capable of sprinting for about 10 seconds with 60 lbs on your back.
- You are responsible for your food and lodging (hotel, Airbnb, etc.)
- Foot launch only (if you want to learn on wheels, we can recommend some schools/instructors)
- We call it “Bootcamp” for a reason. It’s hard work but also very worth it. If you’re concerned about your physical ability to complete a course like this, please call and talk to us to ensure this will be a good fit for you.
Please note: Paying the deposit and/or paying for the training course temporarily holds your spot for the selected dates. We will call you within 1 or 2 business days to speak to you about our training program and to assess whether or not we are a good fit for your training needs. Once we speak to you, we will finalize your spot in our training program. We understand that this is a big commitment of time and money. We want to ensure that all of your questions are answered and everything is fully understood concerning what is required for a successful training experience.
Refunds – We understand that life happens, and when it does, schedules change and needs change. If you have to cancel for any reason whatsoever, we will refund your training fee. If you don’t train, you don’t pay, period! Yep, even if you cancel the morning of (which we hope you won’t). If you have to leave during training, we will refund a prorated amount (total cost split into ten days and a full refund for the days you don’t train).
Sample schedule of what our course looks like during those 10-days.